Tuesday, June 9, 2015

New Art: Oya


I realise I haven't posted in while. But that's because things have been busy and I haven't had much time to  create art. I had this sketch hangin around my desk for weeks before I decded to sit down and make myself finish it. 

This is OYA... 

"Oya is the powerful Yorùbá Orisha of the winds and tempests. She is considered either the sister of the Orisha of storms Shango, or one of His three wives, with Oshun and Oba. She can manifest as winds ranging from the gentlest breeze to the raging hurricane or cyclone. She goes forth with Her husband during His thunderstorms, destroying buildings, ripping up trees, and blowing things down. Oya is known as a fierce warrior and strong protectress of women, who call on Her to settle disputes in their favor."

What do you think of the painting? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment